5/16/11

from braganca, portugal to pau, france

I had a great time in portugal.  the people were polite and the food was excellent as well.  The weather was almost perfect with hot sunny days lasting from lisbon to the last day in portugal in braganca.   so it was hard to leave this country and continue into spain.  i would have to leave those peaceful little villages behind and find out how i would enjoy spain. 
       this was my second time traveling by bike in spain.   last year heading down to morocco and through the african continent from madrid was the first.  i found it hard to focus at the time and just enjoy spain without being consumed by what lay ahead in africa.  this trip has a different feel,  its like the vacation that i never got traveling through africa. i also think experience helps one manage. so my travels this time brought me through northern spain over hills, plains, and mountains.  i was somewhat familiar with the food but on this trip endulged more in the tapas and smooth lagars at the cafe/bars.  even though it was frustrating at times to cycle into a village during the siesta, after getting use to it i to found myself taking naps during the afternoon hours or wandering through the narrow alleyways, a rithem i was beginning to enjoy.  at night i would find a spot to camp for the evening, which was never a problem, and enjoy the singing of the birds while i read.  the birds singing was always a treat for me.  iv noticed one call that i constantly heard in mali last year.  i guess that makes sense as birds also do a fair bit of traveling. so just an overview of my travels through spain, pretty mellow. this is a nice break before central asia and possibly some winter biking.
tabara

madina de rioseco
ampudia
ampudia
prusuitto
cuerda del pozo
villerfas
tarazona
ayerbe
pirineos occidentales
maria de gallego
accous, france
gave d aspe
pirineos

5 comments:

  1. Those pictures are incredible!!!! The yellow flowered bush with stone cottage is one of my favorites and now my desktop picture. I think I will change it everyday! How beautiful and serene it looks, the picture of you looking at the landscape is sooooooo good! Miss you so much, BUT am glad to see such wonderful places! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks amazing! Climb any gnarly walls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... I have no words...okay I do... those are incredible photos! I'm not sure if your camera is amazing or you are or a combo of both..:) They are soooo amazing! I love the blurred foreground or background shots and the stone shingles and the door and the one of you and your bike... complete peace....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles...you are a natural photographer...a great eye for beauty and still shots. I'm sure the camera can't even express what you see w/the naked eye!!! Take Care of yourself & We luv you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Jason: Remind me to send you my Milwakee photos. They're almost as stunning as anything you've managed to post here.

    ReplyDelete